Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Did It!

51gfDegqlHL._SL500_AA300_
My 200th book this year was, appropriately, Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts.  If you want to see the complete list of books I read this year you can read that post here.  I also completed the YA Reading Challenge & the Local Library Challenge.

Now for the review:

I am a giant sucker for books that are part of a short series or trilogy.  Don’t get me wrong, I love longer series like John Sanford’s Lucas Davenport novels or Kathy Reichs’s Temperance Brennan series, but sometimes you just want to begin and finish something quickly.

A Nora Roberts book is always a good book in my opinion.  She writes two different kinds of novels.  The romantic suspense and the just plain romance.  I’m not a huge fan of romance, but I have always loved Nora Roberts.  She’s got a way with characters and setting a scene that other writers wish they could attempt.  I read a lot of dark stuff and sometimes I need some lighter fare to break up the monotony.
This quartet of books included Vision in White, Bed of Roses, Savor the Moment & Happy Every After.  The characters in order of their books: Mac & Carter, Emma & Jack, Laurel & Del and finally, Parker & Malcolm.

Four best friends who have known each other for pretty much their entire lives grow up to go into business together planning weddings.  Mac is the photographer, Emma the florist, Laurel the pastry chef and Parker is the one who makes sure everything turns out perfect.  They meet their men and fall in love and hopefully get through it all to live happy ever after.

The stories are predictable, but that’s okay.  Sometimes it’s fun just to go on the journey with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much