Tuesday, April 2, 2013

yotsuba&!, vol. 2-11

yotsuba&! vol. 2
yotsuba&! vol. 3
yotsuba&! vol. 4
yotsuba&! vol. 5
yotsuba&! vol. 6
yotsuba&! vol. 7
yotsuba&! vol. 8
yotsuba&! vol. 9
yotsuba&! vol. 10
yotsuba&! vol. 11
kiyohiko azuma
graphic novel/manga/comedy/ya
yen press
published 2009-2012

More all ages comedy from the creator of Azumanga Daioh. Yotsuba hasn't gotten much smarter, and her neighbors still haven't gotten used to this wacky tike's exploits. A truly heartwarming comedy that will make you laugh out loud!

It is books like these that make me truly glad when I step out of my comfort zone and read a genre that I never did before.  Even when I started reading graphic novels I never did much more than glance at manga, but I really loved the Bunny Drop manga series and that just opened up so many more possibilities.  The best so far being Yotsuba&!

Yotsuba&! is a series that I would have no problem letting Emma read and at the same time I find them utterly entertaining.  Yotsuba is HILARIOUS.  I mean really.  There are parts in every book that I have laughed out loud at.  The greedy goat, Dad forgetting his wallet, the fundoshi, Yotsuba's nemesis....the list goes on and on.

I promise you won't be sorry if you read these.  They're cute and sweet and full of innocence and laughter.  If you're in a gloomy mood the best way to get out of your funk is to pick up a Yotsuba&! book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much