Wednesday, June 8, 2011

farmer girls

Instead of cleaning the house yesterday Emma and I decided to join Autumn & JeNae for some adventures in farmland.
First we headed over to Swank Farms, but unfortunately there’s not much to check out over there unless it’s Halloween.  During Halloween they have these insane corn mazes and all kinds of other activities for kids, but right now there were just a bajillion goats and chickens hanging out.
So we headed over to Casa de Fruta to get some goodies and play around.
After we ate some lunch Emma and Autumn had to do some time in the stockades.  Thanks to Scooby-Doo, Emma knew exactly what these were.
Then we hopped on the train and took a tour of the area.  JeNae & I found the ride to be relaxing and pleasant.  Emma and Autumn thought it was thrilling.
After the train we headed to the second deck of the carousel.

Then it was off to the water wheel and sluice where Emma and Autumn searched for treasure.  In the gift shop you can buy bags of sand that contain crystals & other fun stuff.  The girls found lots of amethyst, quartz, arrowheads and shark teeth.  It was definitely the highlight of the trip.
There’s really only so much sluicing I can watch so I wandered around taking pictures of some interesting stuff.
The place is full of old farming machines that they used back in the day as well as other machines that other farms have donated for display.  This was part of an old fire hose contraption.  I could’ve wandered around and taken pictures of tons of old rusted out machines, but maybe next time!

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are to die for adorable! I love the second and third ones best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MMW! I loved the second one too. I swear we were going about 3 miles an hour but the girls were acting like we were on the Roaring Railroads at Disneyland. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, have you done the 30DoB? I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mollie - No, I haven't, but I'm interested. I was going through your posts and thinking I would like to partake!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much