Tuesday, July 5, 2011

it ‘twas a happy fourth

Last year we took the kids to the San Jose Giants game the day before the 4th and they do a spectacular fireworks show.  This year, the kids assumed we would see fireworks like that.

We didn’t. 

It was too hot and we were too lazy to do anything that serious so we drove up to the high school to see if we could see anything from there.  Ray brought along some sparklers and we saw a few fireworks so the kids were happy.

When we got back home we broke out the fireworks we got and the kids got to watch them up close and personal while they threw those pop thingies.  They thought it was the coolest.

So even though my Mom’s birthday is today we still consider yesterday’s fireworks for her since we were celebrating her birthday yesterday!

When I say the kids thought it was the coolest, I wasn’t talking about Chloe.  She was less than impressed.  Mostly because she wanted to sleep.

These kids thought it was fun.

The ‘fountains’ were pretty awesome.

It’s amazing how long these last for being so little!

My prized picture for the night!  I’ve always wanted to try this, but never got around to it.  I wish it was a bit darker, but I’ll try again with my tripod and see if I can’t get a better one next time.  Still, I think it came out pretty good!

Hope everyone had a fun Fourth & I hope my Mom is having a fantastic day with her sisters on her birthday today!  Love you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much