Friday, July 27, 2012

london, i can't even....


London, you may have one of the most unattractive Olympic logo in history, but your Opening Ceremonies were Ab Fab!  The only thing I want to know is where was Luther?!?!

I am loving every single second of this.  I mean, how can you not?!  I guess you can because EVERYONE is alight on the interwebs about how awful this is.  I'm in the minority because I have been completely glued to the TV since it began. 

The beautiful pastoral landscapes in the beginning with the May poles and animals and the children around the UK singing.  Then it was the Industrial Age where they 'forged' the Olympic Rings, making it look so life like until the sparks fell from above.  God save the Queen and James Bond......Onto British Children's Literature opened by JK!  The creepy nightmares, a 100 foot Voldemort looming scarily and Mary Poppins coming to save the day!  And Mr. Bean!!  Mr. Bean impressing us with his musical abilities.

The highlight for me was Frankie & June and four decades of British music all while representing how social media has overtaken our lives.  June was gorgeous & it was just so much fun watching the whole love story.

I thought the whole thing just celebrated everything that is wonderful about the UK.  It was fun and creative, dark and funny and beautiful.

My only real complaint is that I have never disliked Matt Lauer and Meredith Viera more in my life.  Ugh.  Idiotic commentary and they never just shut up and let you enjoy the show.  What is their purpose exactly?  To show how annoying Americans can be?  They irritated me so much that I didn't even look up to see how to spell their names correctly.

My other complaint, only half serious.....where was Idris Elba and Benedict Cumberbatch?? Or the Spice Girls?  I didn't see them anywhere!  Boo, I pout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much