Thursday, March 7, 2013

nodame cantabile 2-10

 
tomoko ninomiya
graphic novel/ya/manga/comedy/romance
del rey manga
published 2005

It took me quite some time to really get into this series.  Books 2-4 were okay.  They kept me entertained and curious enough to keep going, but I don't think it was really until book 5 that I really got invested in the series and Nodame and Shinichi.

I'm not a fan of classical music so some of the lingo and storylines went over my head, but I got the gist of most stuff.  Shinichi finds himself stuck with Nodame no matter how mean he is to her.  He tries to make her aware that he wants nothing to do with her, but when something goes wrong he is always there.  When she leaves their apartment complex mysteriously for a long period of time he must know what happened and if she's okay.  And Nodame loves him despite everything.  Even though she's a little nutty and extremely childlike she does her best to take care of him, ultimately giving him the greatest gift she could give him and he doesn't even know it.

Unfortunately, the library only has the first 10 books so I'm on the hunt for books 11-16 which is proving to be harder than I thought.  I did also find that Crackle has the anime series available to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much