Thursday, January 15, 2015

curses! foiled again


curses! foiled again
jane yolen & mike cavallaro
graphics/fantasy
first second
published 2013

Aliera Carstairs is back.  This time she's got her cousin - and best friend - Caroline in tow, and the stakes are higher than ever.  The realm of Seelie, the fairy kingdom of which Aliera is the hereditary defender, is under attack, and only Aliera and Caroline can set things right.  Caroline, fragile and wheelchair-bound may seem like more of a liability than an asset, but Aliera knows there's more to her quiet cousin than meets the eye.

Just like the first book I felt this was a little rushed at the end.  It seemed to take it very slow for most of the book and from the description I thought Caroline would play a bigger role.  I was looking forward to seeing what her contribution would be, but instead three quarters of the book is Aliera yelling at Avery.

Not as good as the first book, but I loved the art and the use of color.  I'm sure there will be another one, or at least I hope there will since so far, nothing has happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much