Monday, August 24, 2009

Pooped

Today was the first day of the EA Sports Active 30 Day Challenge. I'm pooped.


My husband, mom, dad and I are all attempting the 30 Day Challenge on the Wii. Ray and I borrowed my sister's Wii Balance Board and took it to my parents' house, gave them a crash course in Wii usage and off we went! I started after I got a phone call from my mom today saying she had already started hers and was wondering if she could pause the game.

On top of the 20 minute workout that included running, walking, lunges, curls, squats, kickboxing and in-line skating. A little over 100 calories burned in 20 minutes. Near the end I didn't think I would make it.


It seems so futile.

To further my new 'get in shape' lifestyle I put Emma on her push tricycle and we walked to McDonald's so she could play in the indoor (air conditioned) play area and I could get my favorite salad, the Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad. Yum. 420 calories with the dressing.

While there, Emma made friends with a little boy probably about 3 years older than her. Twice her age! They ran around the play structure together and discussed subjects as only a 3 year old and a 6 year old can.

Nonsensically.

So after an hour of walking we get home and I plop myself down in front of the TV to watch a little Project Runway and play Farmville on Facebook. The most addicting game EVER. Go fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much