Sunday, August 30, 2009

Support Your Local Library Challenge

I love, love, love, love my library so when I saw that J. Kaye was also doing a challenge to support your local library I knew I had to sign up! I challenged myself to read 50 books from the Morgan Hill Library this year.

The best thing about Santa Clara County Libraries is that if your branch doesn't have the book you're looking for you can request it. When it comes into your branch you receive an email or a phone call letting you know your book is ready. You don't have to travel all over the county looking for your book. Greatest thing ever!

After looking at this list I realize that I check a lot of books out of the library! Most of the books I've read this year have been from there, yet I still have tons of books I own that I haven't read. Better get reading! Here's my list of books I've checked out & read from my library this year:

1. Last Man Standing - David Baldacci
2. Hiding in the Shadows - Kay Hooper
3. Out of the Shadows - Kay Hooper
4. The Hunt - Allison Brennan11. The Kill - Allison Brennan
5. Change of Heart - Jodi Picoult
6. Touching Evil - Kay Hooper
7. Blood Test - Jonathan Kellerman
8. Vanishing Acts - Jodi Picoult
9. Perfect Match - Jodi Picoult
10. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
11. Whisper of Evil - Kay Hooper
12. Over the Edge - Jonathan Kellerman
13. Uglies - Scott Westerfeld
14. Second Glance - Jodi Picoult
15. Sense of Evil - Kay Hooper
16. Keeping Faith - Jodi Picoult
17. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Ann Brashares
18. Pretties - Scott Westerfeld
19. The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Nifgenegger
20. Trust Me - Brenda Novak
21. The Second Summer of the Sisterhood - Ann Brashares
22. Specials - Scott Westerfeld
23. Cry Wolf - Tami Hoag
24. Stop Me - Brenda Novak
25. The Tenth Circle - Jodi Picoult
26. Extras - Scott Westerfeld
27. Girls in Pants - Ann Brashares
28. Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer
29. Nineteen Minutes - Jodi Picoult
30. Watch Me - Brenda Novak
31. Silent Partner - Jonathan Kellerman
32. Vince & Joy - Lisa Jewell
33. Forever in Blue - Ann Brashares
34. The Pact - Jodi Picoult
35. The Ritual Bath - Faye Kellerman
36. City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
37. Hunting Fear - Kay Hooper
38. My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
39. One-Hit Wonder - Lisa Jewell
40. Dead Silence - Brenda Novak
41. Dead Giveaway - Brenda Novak
42. Tithe - Holly Black
43. Time Bomb - Jonathan Kellerman
44. Mercy - Jodi Picoult
45. Chill of Fear - Kay Hooper
46. Dead Right - Brenda Novak
47. Valiant: A Modern Faerie Tale - Holly Black
48. Heat Lightning - John Sanford
49. City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare
50. Sacred & Profane - Faye Kellerman
51. Ironside - Holly Black
52. Night World, Vol. I - L.J. Smith
53. Sleeping with Fear - Kay Hooper
54. Night World, Vol. III - L.J. Smith
55. Private Eyes - Jonathan Kellerman
56. Milk & Honey - Faye Kellerman
57. City of Glass - Cassandra Clare
58. Evermore - Alyson Noel
59. Faerie Wars - Herbie Brennan
60. The Warrior Heir - Cinda Williams Chima
61. Runemarks - Joanne Harris
62. The Wizard Heir - Cinda Williams Chima
63. The Purple Emperor - Herbie Brennan
64. The Dragon Heir - Cinda Williams Chima
65. When the Emperor was Divine - Julie Otsuka
66. Devil's Waltz - Jonathan Kellerman
67. The Summoning - Kelley Armstrong
68. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
69. Blood Dreams - Kay Hooper
70. Day of Atonement - Faye Kellerman
71. Things I Want My Daughters to Know - Elizabeth Noble
72. The Dream of Water - Kyoko Mori
73. The Rain Before it Falls - Jonathan Coe
74. Frankenstein: Prodigal Son - Dean Koontz
75. Guilty Pleasures - Laurell K. Hamilton
76. The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson
77. Ruler of the Realm - Herbie Brennan
78. The Faerie Path - Ferwin Jones
79. Blue Bloods - Melissa de la Cruz
80. Faerie Lord - Herbie Brennan
81. The Lost Queen - Ferwin Jones
82. Masquerade - Melissa de la Cruz
83. The Seventh Daughter - Ferwin Jones
84. Revelations - Melissa de la Cruz
85. Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead
86. Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger
87. Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane
88. The Van Alen Legacy - Melissa de la Cruz
89. Living Dead Girl - Elizabeth Scott
90. Wake - Lisa McMann
91. Blue is for Nightmares - Laurie Faria Stolarz
92. Meridian - Amber Kizer
93. Deadly Little Secret - Laurie Faria Stolarz
94. Peeps - Scott Westerfeld
95. The Weight of Silence - Heather Gudenkauf
96. The Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton

2 comments:

  1. LOLOLOL! Well, you've pretty much finished this one too. I love-love the library as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! I love my library too, and I defintely frequent it quite a bit. Life would be so sad without a good library.

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much