Friday, November 18, 2011

breaking out for some vamps

So yesterday was the day we were waiting for.

Kim and I were to meet JeNae & Jennifer at the theater to see Breaking Dawn, Part 1 at 11:59.  Kim and I spent the evening text messaging about how cool we are while our husbands made fun of us.

By the time it was time to head out everyone was asleep and Kim texted to say she was outside my house waiting for me.  I get in the car and she says 'I feel like we're sneaking out!'  The greatest thing about Morgan Hill is that at 11:20 pm there is NO ONE driving around so you feel like you're the only people in the world.  Dead town.

Of course, last night, everyone in Morgan Hill was at the movie theater standing in line.  And because Kim and I are so cool we walk up just as they start letting people into the theater and they just wave us in.  Whopee!  No line waiting!

The movie was exactly what I expected.  I laughed & got teary & rolled my eyes, but dang I had fun.  JeNae and I ganged up on Kim and her Team Jacob-ness (bleck) and then Kim almost cut off the circulation in my arm as the birth scene got a little too graphic for her.

Slight spoiler alert for one paragraph!!  I wondered how they were going to do Jacob's part of the book.  For about 90% of it he's in wolf form and all the communication is done in their heads.  They did well in that most of the time Jacob, Leah and Seth were in human form so they could just speak, but there was one point where all the wolves are communicating with weird voice overs and I must say it was lame.

The best part of the night?  Seeing a 80 something year old man coming out with two slightly younger gentlemen.  See!?!  Everyone loves Twilight!

Now get yourselves to the theater!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much