Wednesday, November 30, 2011

lazy birthday

The last days of November are a birthday bonanza in our house.  My birthday is on the 28th and Ray's is on the 30th.  It drives our family crazy, but then they should be happy because then we just have one dinner for both of us instead of two separate ones!

Sunday we had a game night with my family and some friends.  My team actually won at Pictionary!  Sometimes things just happen so fast in that game that by the time I process what's happening the other team is rolling the dice!  We played Disney Apples to Apples and then Sour Apples to Apples.  I love that game!  Tho I did not win either. :(

My birthday was just another day.  Emma woke up a little under the weather from the busy weekend and actually threw up a little.  I kept her home from school, fed her some toast and quarantined her on the couch.  She was much better by the afternoon.  When Ray got home we headed out to Babies R Us and got Olivia a two mobiles.  She's starting to get interested in checking that stuff out.  One goes on the changing table and you can attach it to a play pen or the stroller.  It's simple, pink with three little butterflies and it plays tinkling music.  She loves it.  It does a pretty good job of distracting her during diaper changes.  The other plays music and has three little round animals (a lion, a monkey & an elephant) that alternate lighting up.  They're like little lanterns.  It also will project a moon and stars onto the ceiling.  It's so cute, but so far she's not too interested.

Dinner at PF Changs so I could get some Salt & Pepper Calamari and Salmon steamed with Ginger.  Then we headed back home and I put together the mobile.

The next day was our shared birthday and we had dinner with Ray's family at an Italian restaurant.  Emma and I scoured Targets looking for these wafer cookies that Ray loves.  Found some at the 4th Target.  Score!

Today Ray had the day off for his birthday and decided he would hang out in bed and catch up on his TV and get some much needed rest.

So now it's 11:40 pm and everyone's asleep (for now) and the birthday festivities are over.  This weekend my niece turns 2 and we'll be attending her Minnie Mouse birthday party!  I can't believe it's been two years already!

I've got to get some stuff done around this house!  I'd like to get the Christmas decorations up and get our tree, but I'm not sure when we're going to get around to that!  I should start with finishing the laundry....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much