Wednesday, August 29, 2012

77 shadow street



 At 77 Shadow Street you'll find The Pendleton.  A beautiful Guilded Age building that has been remodeled into apartments for the wealthy.  As gorgeous and opulent as it is it also hides a deep, dark secret that reveals itself every few decades with horrendous consequences.

This is the first time I can ever remember being let down by Dean Koontz.

The plot sounded good.  The first third of the book was promising.  The idea reminded me of The Taking.  Unfortunately, it wasn't The Taking.  There were so many characters to keep track of, or care about that I ended up really not caring for anyone.  Just off the top of my head I can think of 13+ characters.  That's entirely too many.

His descriptions of the things that were stalking the residents of the Pendleton wen on and on for pages.  Near the end I was skipping over entire paragraphs just to get through the story and make it to the end.

Basically, for a Dean Koontz book this sucked.  Sucked hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much