Wednesday, August 8, 2012

my ten month miracle


She's just so amazing.
 

We thought we were just lucky when Emma was born.  She was a good baby.  And by good I mean, damn near perfect.  She slept through the night at two weeks, she didn't make a peep when she popped out her first tooth and she was just a generally happy, easy baby.
 

So I was pretty sure that Olivia would be the opposite.  I mean, we couldn't be so lucky twice, could we?
 

But we were.
 

She didn't sleep through the night at two weeks and she did get a tiny bit fussy with her first teeth, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had braced myself for.  We can take her to a restaurant and know we'll be able to eat our dinner without getting dirty looks from other diners.  We can skip a nap and she's no angel, but she doesn't become unbearable.
 

Her little personality is coming through.  She's our little owl.  She'll study someone until she deems them worthy of a smile and then she's cool.  She sets out with a goal and usually gets there.  She's taken her time.  She just started crawling a few weeks ago and she doesn't seem all that interested in pulling herself up, unless there's food to be swiped.

Baby likes her food.
 

She's perfect.  She's amazing.  She makes me smile every day.  I am so thankful that she's here, that she's ours, that she's mine.


Yes, no matter which way you turn it, life is pretty damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much