Tuesday, December 11, 2012

paper towns


paper towns
john green
ya/fiction
penguin
published 2009

One month before graduating from his Central Florida high school, Quentin "Q" Jacobsen basks in the predictable boringness of his life until the beautiful and exciting Margo Roth Spiegelman, Q's neighbor and classmate, takes him on a midnight adventure and then mysteriously disappears.

Going through my list of books I've read this year there are quite a few that I really enjoyed.  If I had to pick just one that was my ultimate favorite book of the year it would have to be this one.  I truly loved this book.  It was so realistic and crazy all at the same time.  The characters were incredibly fun.  Q was believable in his barely there angst and well adjustedness.  Radar & Ben rounded out the threesome nicely.  I laughed so hard at some points and was on the edge during others.

I couldn't put the book down.  I couldn't.  I was both afraid and excited of what the ending would bring.  Would Q find Margo Roth Spiegelman?  Would she be okay?  Was she human?  Did anyone in the adult world care?  What brought her to this point?  It was just nerve wracking and I loved every single word of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much