Tuesday, July 2, 2013

fragile eternity

fragile eternity
wicked lovely #3
melissa marr
ya/fantasy/horror
harpercollins
published 2009

Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone—but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen. 

Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her—but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined. 

In Melissa Marr's third mesmerizing tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other in a milieu of shadowy rules and shifting allegiances, where old friends become new enemies and one wrong move could plunge the Earth into chaos.

I read a review that was complaining about why Aislinn is still with Seth and how she should just be with Keenan.  I wanted to gag.  Are there really people out there who actually like Keenan?  I'm certainly not one of them.  I liked him all right in the first book, but I liked him with Donia.  After Ink Exchange I really didn't care for him much either way, but now I don't want him with Aislinn or Donia.  He's a whiny bitch.  There's really no other way to describe him.  And compared to Seth, he's pathetic.

I enjoyed Wicked Lovely and it took me a bit of time, but I loved Ink Exchange as well.  Fragile Eternity brought the focus back onto the four-way love .... square?  We had the added bonus of keeping Niall.  But the shining star in this installment is Sorcha.  She was not important at first, but she became so full and bright you couldn't ignore her - and you didn't want to.

Seth is still my favorite character.  I've lost a little affection for Aislinn and I do wish we could stay with Donia more.  These books just keep getting better.  I'm at the sweet spot in the series where I still have two books to go.  As long as Marr keeps writing the way she has in the last three books I'm in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much