Monday, April 7, 2014

attack on titan, vol. 1


attack on titan, vol. 1
hajime isayama
graphics/sci fi/action
kodansha comics
published 2011

Humanity has been devastated by the bizarre, giant humanoids knows as the Titans.  Little is known about where they came from of why they are bent on consuming mankind.  Seemingly unintelligent, they have roamed the world for years, killing everyone they see.  For the past century, what's left of man has hidden in a giant, three-walled city.  People believe their 100-meter-high walls will protect them from the Titans, but the sudden appearance of an immense Titan is about the change everything.

I can see why everyone freaks out about this series.  It was definitely a good beginning with an amazingly ridiculous cliffhanger.  There are so many things that are only briefly touched upon that the book is soaked with mystery.  I was thinking I would just read the first volume, but seeing as how it ended I have to read the second one now.  And I doubt stuff wraps up so I'll probably be in this for the long haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much