Thursday, July 10, 2014

flash: rogues revolution

flash: rogues revolution
francis manapul & brian buccellato
graphics/superhero
dc comics
published 2013

The Flash's Rogue's Gallery are back - but they are more powerful than ever and they're each looking to take down the Fastest Man Alive!  Who is behind their sudden organization and why are they also after their former leader, Captain Cold?  The Flash must think fast if he can outrun and survive their attack!

Awhile ago I started thinking I should try reading some Marvel comics because everything I read is DC, well most everything.  Anyway, a couple of friends told me that I wasn't going to find much of the dark, gritty stuff I read in DC, but I didn't think it would be a big deal.  I've yet to find something in the Marvel universe that keeps me interested the way Batman, Harley Quinn, Batgirl or Suicide Squad does, but I'm still trying.  The funny thing is, The Flash reads a lot like a Marvel comic to me.  It's tame, the villains are nearly laughable (oh, who am I kidding, they're totally laughable) and Barry is just a very good, decent guy.  His biggest struggle is whether or not he should tell his girlfriend (who hates The Flash).

So the story is silly, but the art is fantastic.  The art carries the story for certain and I'll keep picking up Manapul's Flash books as long as he's drawing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much