Monday, September 8, 2014

the brutal telling

the brutal telling
armand gamache #5
louise penny
mystery
minotaur
published 2009

Chaos is coming, old son.

With those words the peace of Three Pines is shattered.  As families prepare to head back to the city and children say goodbye to summer, a stranger is found murdered in the village bistro and antiques store.  Once again, Chief Inspector Gamache and his team are called in to strip back layers of lies, exposing both treasures and rancid secrets buried in the wilderness.

I was thinking that the more times a murder happens in Three Pines the more unrealistic things will get.  The smaller the victim and suspect pool gets and I began to worry that someone I liked would fall into one of those categories.  It's interesting how things turn out.

How suddenly, a character you liked before becomes someone completely different.  I really, really can't say much about this book because it's so easily given away, but I will say if you are reading this series you're already invested and this will just sink you in deeper.  And while the book ends it doesn't feel concluded.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I don't think this story is finished.  I'm immediately picking up the next book to see if it does continue in any way.

But I will say this book changed the way I saw Three Pines and the people who were once so lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much