Thursday, December 1, 2011

race to the end

Up until about October I was way ahead of schedule for my 2011 reading goal of 200.  So much so I figured I'd hit 250 by the end of the year.

I was soooooo wrong.

And I can't really blame the new baby.  Staying up at night with her I could be reading while she's hanging out, but instead I'm playing games on the iPad.  Or playing LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7.  Or Zelda Skyward Sword that I actually hate right now, but because I love Zelda so much I must finish it, still holding out hope it will get better.

Reading has fallen to the wayside and it's not because the books I'm reading are sub par.  Right now I'm about 1/3 of the way through Worth Dying For by Lee Child, 2/3 of the way through Bonnie by Iris Johansen, 2/3 of the way through Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens and 2/3 of the way through Miss. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  With the exception of Bonnie I'm really into all the books.

Don't ask me about Bonnie right now.  I'll discuss my irritation later.

So now I've got to finish at least 11 books this month to reach 200.  Normally I would say 'no problem!' because I could put away 6 books a week, but with Christmas coming and Emma being off school for a week and a half and all the birthday parties and festivities who knows!

Plus, I still have that laundry to do...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much