Thursday, October 6, 2011

lego crazy

Last weekend we took a quick trip down South to Carlsbad, just a bit north of San Diego to go to LEGOLand.  We figured we would take one last trip before the baby gets here.  We had come across an episode of Sand Masters where they did a giant Star Wars LEGO sand sculpture for the grand opening of the Star Wars mini land and it really made up want to see it in person.

So we picked Emma up from school on Friday and told her we were going on a special trip, but didn't tell her where.  When we finally did she was very excited, but still managed to pass out thanks to the long car ride and late hour!

We got there a little too early the next morning and had our picture taken in front of the park.  Emma was dying to get inside and ride some rides.

When we picked up the picture on the way out the guy at the counter commented on how we lucked out with our timing and got a picture with no one behind us.  Uh, yeah, lucked out as in got to the park and hour before it opened.  So yeah, that worked out nicely.

We headed out to the mini worlds first because that's really what I came to see.  It was cool because they had buttons everywhere that the kids could push that did something interactive with the scene.  It kept Emma from getting bored since she couldn't play with anything over there.



Washington, D.C.  They even had the Vietnam Memorial.



Las Vegas!


30 Rock!



This is harder to see because it's so small, but it was crypts in New Orleans.  The zombies are attacking!


Hollywood, CA


Pier 39 in San Francisco with the sea lions and all!

I loved it, but my favorite was this little scene:


SO AWESOME!  Even Emma, who has never watched an episode said 'Mama, I think that's Buffy!'  I'm not sure if this scene is here all the time or if it's just an addition for Halloween, but I'm glad we caught it!

Then there was the Star Wars Mini World, LEGOLand's newest edition.  I took at least a hundred pictures there, but I'll just post a few...













It really is amazing when you think about how much work went into these scenes.  It takes me awhile to do one building.  To do all this is mind blowing!  This would probably be my dream job!!

Halloween was getting started so we got to see some of the decorations that would be more prevalent in October.



Not a Halloween decoration, but we thought the bathroom signs were funny.




This dragon was huge!



We ended up getting an ECV for me because I was having some pretty bad cramping after the walking around the mini worlds. Instead of pressing our luck we got this instead and it helped immensely.  I was terrified of running over people.









I wish I had a video of Emma walking off this water ride.  It was hilarious!  They were soaked, but she loved it!  She just didn't love wet jeans afterwards.



The next day we spent the morning at the Sea Life Aquarium that is semi-attached to the park.  Took about an hour.  Nothing too special, but it was nice and fun to see all the LEGO aspects.  I didn't take too many pictures in there because I suck at fish pictures.



All in all it was a great trip.  I definitely would recommend LEGOLand if you've got kids between the ages of 4 and 12 though 12 might be pushing it.  Emma loved it and there was tons of stuff for her to do there.  There's lots of healthy options for the kids for food too which was nice.  They even had baby food in case you forgot!  We didn't go into the water park while we were there because it was chilly and we didn't want to get Emma's hopes up, but from what we did see it looked lots of fun!

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much