Wednesday, October 5, 2011

a sad, sad day

Today has been a very emotional day that was far beyond my reach.  Very early this morning a man opened fire at his job killing two people and wounding others.  He then escaped by foot after shooting another woman in a failed carjacking attempt.  As of 4:53 pm today he is still at large somewhere.  My brother, my uncle, aunt and cousins live in Cupertino where this man was this morning and my sister works there as well.  My brother was at work in Fremont and my sister was working from home today so that was a relief.  My aunt answered the phone when I called and assured me that they were all home and safe.  She kept the kids home after going to the school and finding out the police were on their way to put the school on lockdown.

But everyone I knew was safe and sound so that was a relief.

Then, just a few minutes ago I saw a news report that Steve Jobs, founder and former CEO of Apple Computers has passed away.  And maybe it's the pregnancy or he weird emotional day, but I am sitting here crying.

I grew up in an Apple family.  My husband thinks it's more like Apple brainwashing, but I loved the company.  My father worked there, I did and my sister currently does.  And Steve Jobs was a genius.  People can say what they want about him and the way he ran things, but he was a genius when it came to giving Apple a place in the world.  A huge place.

When Michael Jackson passed away I cried for my past.  For being a kid and loving him and all the memories his songs held for me, but that was it.  Today I cry for the future. Today I am saddened by the loss this world has experienced. 

We will miss you Mr. Jobs.

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much