Tuesday, September 17, 2013

the promise, part 2


the promise, part 2
avatar: the last airbender
gene luen yang, gurihiru & michael heisler
graphic/supernatural/ya
dark horse
published 2012

Aang and Katara work tirelessly to prevent a dispute between Fire Lord Zuko and Earth King Kuei that could plunge the world back into war!  Meanwhile, Sokka helps Toph prepare her hapless first class of metalbending students to defend their school against a rival class of firebenders!

Avatar is definitely one of the shows that I miss the most.  We have Korra now, but it's not quite the same.  I really love Aang, Katara, Sokka & Toph.  Gene Luen Yang gets all of their voices so right here so it's like watching the show continue on.  

Sokka and Toph are hilarious and I'm still a little creeped out by Katara and Aang calling each other 'sweetie' so much.  I'm worried about Zuko - he always was the weak one of the bunch.  I have one more to go to conclude this series and then we move onto The Search.  I hope these keep going as long as Yang writes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much