Wednesday, August 10, 2011

birthday boy

SCAN0036
I was only two and a half when my sister was born so I really only have faint memories of her the day she was born.  I remember my Auntie Lori sneaking me in through the balcony because I wasn’t really allowed in to see my Mom, but I’m not sure if that’s a real memory or if it was supplied to me so many times it became a memory.

But since I was almost seven when David was born I have clearer recollections of that day.  It was bittersweet because I had this new little baby brother and he was certainly one of the cutest things I’d ever seen, but when it came time to leave my mom and David at the hospital I remember being very sad because they had to stay.
SCAN0038

But boy was it fun to watch him grow up.  I feel like Amy and I grew up at the same time because we were so close in age, but with David I could see everything happening from a different place and it was amazing.  He was amazing and so smart and so dang cute!  When he was 2 he got the chicken pox (thanks to us, of course) but he couldn’t say ‘chicken pox’ so they were ‘b-pox’. 

And now, he’s still cute, just much taller and I’m sure he’d prefer handsome or good-looking over cute, but hey, he’s my brother.  He’s still amazing and so smart too.  I’m hoping that for this, his 29th year, he’ll have the best year of his life so far.

100_0821
I love you baby brother!  Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much