Sunday, August 28, 2011

distractions

Yesterday I had planned on finishing Quinn by Iris Johansen because it was due at the library yesterday and I couldn’t renew it.  Instead I spent most of the day online reading Jason Lee’s blog Sisters.  I first read an interview he did with My Modern Met where they showed off really cute & creative pictures Jason’s taken of his two daughters.

I loved them so much I pinned them.  Yes, I’m on pinterest too.  You can find me here.  I don’t have too many ‘pins’ but I do love checking out other people’s pins so let me know if you’re on there too so I can stalk you!

Anywho…I started looking at Jason Lee’s wedding blog and discovered the blog he has where he just takes pictures of his kids.  Once I got started I couldn’t stop.  I went all the way back to the first post and just kept clicking away.  Haven’t gotten any reading done.  This distraction has now cost me 25 cents at the library!
But sooooo worth it.  These kids are super cute and Jason’s photography is phenomenal.  I find myself perusing more photography blogs lately and starting to get the itch again to go out and start snapping away.  Today I pulled out my 35mm lens because really, I’ve been neglecting that one.  I took a couple of pictures of Emma with it, but I really want to get outside and see what I can do with more natural light.
DSC_5721(edited)
DSC_5722(edited)
I played around with the second one in Picnik and added some ‘stars’.  Weird, I know, but fun.
I read this article today about Henri Cartier-Bresson and his street photography.  I’ve always loved street photography.  Especially after seeing Vivian Maier’s found works, but I’ve always felt kind of awkward about taking pictures of strangers.  After reading Eric Kim’s article I’m even more intrigued by street photography.

And then there’s Alex Beadon.  Her stuff is amazing!  I love her self portrait series and her seasonal princesses.  I can’t wait to see the next one!  I actually have loved every picture she’s taken.  Not only do I love her photography, but she has some great tutorials and inspirational ideas and encouragement. 

I could probably go on and on, but again I really should be doing something else right about now.


 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much