Wednesday, August 3, 2011

so close i can almost taste it

I started out this year deciding that I would try to read all the books I currently have on my bookshelves that I haven’t read yet.

I have not been very successful there.  I’m always tempted by new authors or new books by favorite authors.  So I’ve pretty much given up that goal.  Right now I’ve read 158 books.  If you’ve seen my to be read list for this month you’ll notice I have 20 books set to read this month.  That means that I could possibly reach my goal of 200 books by the end of next month!  That would give me 3 months to read another 50 books and up my goal to 250.  Of course, I’ll have a new baby to contend with so it is more than slightly doubtful I’ll do that.

But my goal within the goal for the next couple of months is to finish off some of the series that I’ve started.  Get ready for it … it’s a list!  These are the series that I’m going to try to finish in the next couple of months.

  1. The Jack Reacher series.  I’m currently reading book 10 of 16.
  2. The Temperance Brennan series.  I’m currently reading book 11 of 14.
  3. The Eve Duncan series.  I’m currently reading book 8 of 13.
  4. The Morganville Vampire series.  I’ve read 1 of 11.
  5. The Sleepy Hollow trilogy.  I’m currently reading book 2 of 3.
  6. The Aurora Teagarden series.  I’ve read 3 out of 8.
  7. The Vampire Academy series.  I’m reading book 4 of 6.
  8. The Bone Island Trilogy.  I’m currently reading book 2 of 3 and a half.
  9. The Divine Trilogy.  I’ve read 1 of 3 and a half.

That’s my plan so far.  I have a few more that I should probably get through, but for now this is what I’ve got going on.  For the books I don’t have I’ve put requests in at the library and I noticed today that they’re all in transit so I’d better get to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much