Wednesday, August 17, 2011

i just made a kick ass dinner

I did.  But I didn’t take pictures because I just threw shit together and thought ‘let’s try this’.  I didn’t think it would be so great, but it was.

It’s been kind of nerve wracking trying to think of things to eat that are not going to boost my sugar so much.  I’ve never really had to think about this, but now I do.  Though my levels have all been really good and I hadn’t changed much I still don’t want to push my limits.

So tonight I took the last of the salmon fillets I had frozen.  Then I filled a measuring cup with 1/4 cup of olive oil, sliced up a few garlic pretty thick and added that and squeezed a whole lemon into it.  Then I sliced up little cherry tomatoes and yellow pear tomatoes, white onion and a few spears of asparagus.  I spread all the veggies on the bottom of a glass casserole dish, salt & peppered them.  Then I laid the salmon down on top of the veggies and poured the olive oil/garlic/lemon mixture over it.  Covered it with foil and baked it in the oven at 350 for about 28 minutes.

It was awesome!  I highly recommend it & I wish I took pictures of it because it looked so pretty with all the colors too!

I’ll try to replicate it next week and make sure I take pictures then.  Let me know if you try it and how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much