Saturday, December 31, 2011

something to tap your foot to

As part of my end of the year list of faves I had to do some music.  First I was going to do my all time favorite songs, but instead I thought I'd do songs that I've been obsessed with this year.

Avril Lavigne's 'Not Enough'.  It's really just one of the many songs of hers that I've listened to repeatedly over the year.  I can honestly say that I love every CD she's put out there.  She's just one of my faves.  But this song just makes me think of being younger and stronger than I was.  I could never be the one to say goodbye.  I could never stand up and say it was not enough.  I stayed in relationships that had run their course only because they were familiar and the idea of starting over was just exhausting.  So when I hear this song I just think it would've been so cool to have been able to be this person back it the day.


I just love this song.  How can you not?  Adele's voice is so full of emotion and the lyrics are beautiful and achingly sad.  Full of regret with a touch of hope.  I have to admit that if Glee's version of this song wasn't a mashup with Mercedes I would have chosen that one because I love Naya Rivera's voice almost as much as Lea Michele's.  Mercedes just ruins that song for me.  Sorry, not a fan of hers.  But dang I could listen to this song over and over again.

Get ready for some Gleekiness.

Darren Criss was the best thing to happen to Glee after Lea Michele.  I love him.  I love these fun songs like 'Last Friday Night'...

and 'Raise Your Glass'.  My sister, brother-in-law, friend Jen & her mom saw the Glee Concert & then my sister and I took Emma to see it in the theaters and this was definitely my favorite part.  Emma's too.

And then the best part about Blaine at McKinley High?

Lea Michele shines best with the Broadway-type musical numbers.  She just has the voice for it.  She does great with the pop songs and everything else, but the musical numbers are always my favorites.  And now she has Blaine to sing with.  Can anything top Rachel & Blaine doing West Side Story?  I think not.

I promise this isn't a Glee post.

An incredibly sad song.  'If I Die Young'.  I love that it was based on Lord Tennyson's 'The Lady of Shallot'.
Yay!  A happy song!  'American Honey'.  Lady Antebellum is good stuff.

For those of you who don't know - I haven't talked about it too much here - I love Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl.  Leighton Meester is great at singing country.  I'm still waiting for her to come out with something else!  This was in Country Strong with Gwyneth Paltrow and Garret Hedlund.  'Give Into Me'.  On the first soundtrack it's performed by Faith Hill, but I like this version so much better.  Good stuff!

Another good country movie - Crazy Heart.  Love it!  And I loved this song even more.  'The Weary Kind' by Ryan Bingham.

'Chicken Fried' by Zac Brown Band.  This is what country music is supposed to sound like.

I've mentioned Meghan Tonjes before.  I still adore this song.

I love Linkin Park.  Every CD, every song and this year this was my favorite.

Missy Higgins - Sound of White

Where I Stood

I was pretty much in love with Missy Higgins entire discography this year.  I loved every song I could get my hands on.

I'm pretty sure I could go on and on, but this is pretty much the gist of it.  What songs did you listen to over & over again in 2011?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much