Tuesday, March 19, 2013

born in shame

born in shame
concannon sisters trilogy #3
nora roberts
fiction/romance
jove
published 1996

A talented graphic artist, Shannon Bodine's life revolved around her job at a prestigious New York advertising agency. But her world was turned upside down whe she learned the identity of her real father: Thomas Concannon. Respecting her late mother's last wish, Shannon reluctantly traveled to County Clare. There, her loneliness and shame melted away in the embrace of the family she never knew existed. And amid the lush Irish landscape steeped in mysticism and legend, she discovered the possibility of a love that was meant to be...

A true classic for me finally concludes....again.  I remember when I first read this trilogy I read them out of order, starting with this one.  This time I read them in the correct order and I still loved every page.

I wished more fiercely that Tom Concannon was still alive.  I would have loved, as Shannon might have, to see them dance around a relationship, but the story wouldn't have worked as well if he hadn't passed in the beginning.  Shannon's not my favorite sister (that would be Maggie, I think - hard to choose), but she's a great character anyway.  Murphy, on the other hand was my favorite of the men of County Clare.  And as always, I'm sad to leave the Concannon sisters in Ireland.  Maybe someday Nora Roberts will revisit and show us Liam and Kayla all grown up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much