Thursday, July 28, 2011

probably the best night of my sister’s life

In the summer of 1989 my sister was just barely 11 years old.  I took her with me to Great America’s Redwood Ampitheater to see New Kids On the Block open for Tiffany.  It was that day that I created a monster.

You would think in 20+ years her adoration for this boy band would wane.  You would be wrong.  When they announced their comeback tour she knew right away because, of course, she’s a fan club member or something.  I went and it was fun because it was so nuts to think that I first saw them in concert when I was 14 and here it was 20 years later and they still sounded good.  Then we went again the next tour.  I was a little less enthused, but alcohol contributed to a good time.

Then came the news.  New Kids On the Block would be touring this summer with Backstreet Boys.  I knew exactly where this was going.  I can’t really say that I was excited, especially not as much as my sister, but I hadn’t seen BSB in concert in many, many years and here I was killing two birds with one stone.

When Amy found out we had 4th row seats I thought she was going to pass out.

But dang, we were close.

Detective Danny Reagan in all his glory.

I didn’t edit these pictures and most of them sucked because I cannot work my husband’s point and shoot and I couldn’t bring in my Nikon so these were taken with my iPhone.  But you get the idea.  We were close.  They sounded great.  BSB is still one of my favorite boy bands though without Kevin there’s a noticeable difference.

Nonetheless, my sister had a good time.  And 22 years later, that’s all that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much