Wednesday, July 20, 2011

treachery in death

73200161

In the 40th Eve Dallas story I’m getting bored.  I guess it has taken a while.  I mean, 40 stories?  Sure some of them were short stories, but really they all have followed the same formula.

Someone dies.  Dallas gets called out and the victim becomes ‘hers’.  She preaches about the badge and her city and how no one will get away with this.  She calls in Feeney, McNabb, Mira, Baxter & Trueheart and they, along with Peabody save the day.  They tie up the case, but inevitably the killer tries to take out Eve, but of course, she takes them out, goes home to Roarke and they have wild monkey sex (her words, not mine).

This is pretty much the same except this time we see more of Webster, the ex flame IAB guy and Darcia, chief of police on Olympus.  Peabody gets to be primary on a case and Dallas is slightly nice to a few people she usually isn’t nice to.

I guess I just need to take a break from Eve & Roarke for awhile.  This month I was planning on trying to finish off the short stories I’m behind on and I’m still going to do that because they all connect the older stories.  Once I’m done with that I’ll take a break for a bit.

This is still a good story, don’t get me wrong.  Peabody overhears two conspirators planning murder and theft.  While it may seem slightly run-of-the-mill the fact that Peabody is at the Central gym makes it all the more threatening.  Although she doesn’t see the two people speaking she knows the most important fact of all … they’re cops. 

Good luck, Peabody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much