Friday, January 11, 2013

locke & key: head games


locke & key: head games
locke & key series #2
joe hill & gabriel rodriguez
graphic novels/horror/supernatural
idea & design works, llc.
published 2009

*****Spoiler alert if you have not read the first volume*****

Following a shocking death that dredges up memories of their father's murder, Kinsey and Tyler Locke are thrown into choppy emotional waters, and turn to their new friend, Zack Wells, for support, little suspecting Zack's dark secret. Meanwhile, six-year-old Bode Locke tries to puzzle out the secret of the head key, and Uncle Duncan is jarred into the past by a disturbingly familiar face. Open your mind - the head games are just getting started! 

Now things are really starting to get meaty.

So we learn so many new things in this second installment.  And it takes a bit for things to get un-confusing.  Then all of a sudden Bode finds out what the key he found in the water does and things get nuts!  It really started to remind me of Koontz and so awesome in all color.

So many times I wanted to yell 'noooooooooooo!!!!!' but of course, I'm reading a book.  They wouldn't hear me.  Regardless, I've become invested in Tyler, Kinsey & Bode.  I loved Kinsey's experience with the head key.  I know plenty of people who would love the have that experience!

I'm extremely sad that I don't have the rest of the books in my hands right now.  RIGHT.  NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much