Tuesday, January 29, 2013

rasl, vol 1 through 3




rasl: the drift
rasl: the fire of st. george
rasl: romance at the speed of light
jeff smith
graphic novel/scifi
cartoon books
published 2008, 2010, 2011

Cartoon Books proudly presents Jeff Smith's new adventure series, RASL - a stark, sci-fi series about a dimension-jumping art thief, a man unplugged from the world who races through space and time searching for his next big score - and trying to escape his past. In this first of three graphic novels, Rasl faces an assassin's bullet and stumbles across a mystery that not only threatens to expose his own illicit activities, but could also uncover one of the world's most dangerous and sought after secrets!

Just not my thing.

After reading the entire Bone series this was....disappointing.  The art just wasn't as rich and detailed as Bone and it wasn't really all that exciting to look at.  And I just wasn't into the subject matter.  Maybe because Tesla played such a big part and there was SO MUCH EXPLAING I just couldn't get into it.  Not that I don't think Tesla is cool, but Odd Apocalypse was all about Tesla too and I'm just a little burnt out at this point.

I'm not sure if I'll read the last one.  I got these three at the same time from the library and they don't have the fourth so I'm probably not going to go out searching for it.  Just....not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much