Monday, October 7, 2013

carnal innocence


carnal innocence
nora roberts
romance/suspense
bantam
published 2000

In the small town of Innocence, Mississippi, days are long, nights are fragrant, and secrets are hard to keep.  But when a brutal killer starts claiming the lives of the town's most attractive women, lifelong neighbors are forced to wonder if the culprit is a stranger lurking in the bayou...or someone right next door.

For Caroline Waverly, world famous violinist, a beautiful summer interlude could turn into much more--or could stir a killer's crazed dreams.

Another re-read and another long one, except this time I wasn't bored or irritated at all.  This book had a lot going on.  For such a quiet small town there was a lot boiling right under the surface and it all seems to boil over right after Caroline Waverly moves out there!

Roberts kept me guessing the whole time!  And I fell in love with every character, but I especially loved Cy.  He was a story all by himself.  The murder mystery kept me wondering thoughout, even when I was distracted by Hatinger family drama or Josie's sexual adventures.

This one is easily a good story that was still entertaining to re-read a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much