Monday, October 28, 2013

rising tides

rising tides
chesapeake bay #2
nora roberts
fiction/romance
jove
published 1998

Coming home has taught the brothers more than they ever dreamed about the meaning of family and responsibility. Now it is time to learn the meaning of acceptance and love...
Of the three brothers, it was Ethan who shared his father's passion for the Maryland shore. And now with his father gone, Ethan is determined to make the family boatbuilding business a success. But amidst his acheivements lie the most important challenges of his life...
There is young Seth, who needs him more than ever. And a woman he has always loved but never believed he could have. But beneath Ethan's seemingly still waters is a dark and painful past. He must learn to see around the shadows to accept who he is. Because through Ethan's past lies the future—and his one chance at happiness...

I like Grace and Ethan.  Slow and steady wins the race, right?  

I like that Grace isn't afraid to back down, that she loves Seth like he deserves to be loved and that doesn't ask for help from anyone.  I like that Ethan is steady and thoughtful, but sometimes not thoughtful enough.

The fight for Seth was kind of at bay in this book.  In the beginning everything was new and everyone's trying to find their place and how to fit Seth into this place.  Now they've earned his trust and while they know everything isn't set in stone they're pretty complacent about where they are.  So there's just a little blip and nothing much else so we know that the next book will be the final showdown.

Even though I've read this before and know the bare bones of the story, I'm still a little nervous, worrying over what Seth's mother brings to the table.  This is the last book I needed to read to finish the last square in the Bingo Challenge, but I think I'm going to have to re-read the last two.  Even in re-reading I can't leave myself hanging on a story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much