Wednesday, March 19, 2014

bokurano ours, vol. 8

bokurano ours, vol. 8
mohiro kitoh
graphics/manga/scifi
viz media
published 2004

Through battle after battle, the world has known Zearth as an implacable force of destruction.  Now, the monster has a human face, as Anko uses her father's broadcast to deliver a message to the world.  An outpouring of support carries the children into Kanji's battle, a test of endurance that may only be won by a drastic, irreversible decision.

Sooooo depressing!  Why am I still reading these!?  Because they're pretty darn good, I suppose.

This volume was full of some revelations that are not on the favorable side.  The book ends on quite the cliffhanger.

Kanji's battle is the longest the kids have seen so far and it's interesting the Japanese attitude of the United States.  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that there is a feeling of America's arrogance because let's face it, the US is pretty arrogant when it comes to military experiences.

Still, more people are lost and there's the promise of more to come, but how will it end?  I have no idea.  I just have to keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much