Friday, May 16, 2014

batman: the black mirror

batman: the black mirror
scott snyder
graphics/superheroes
dc comics
published 2011

A series of brutal murders pushes Batman's detective skills to the limit and forces him to confront one of Gotham City's oldest evils.  Helpless and trapped in the deadly Mirror House, Batman must fight for his life against one of Gotham City's oldest and most powerful evils!

Then, the corpse of a killer whale shows up on the floor of one of Gotham City's foremost banks.  The event begins a strange and deadly mystery that will bring Batman face-to-face with the new, terrifying faces of organized crime in Gotham.

Now, I don't know if I just needed to get used to it or if it was Scott Snyder's writing, but Dick's Batman has grown on me.  But Scott Snyder definitely writes brilliantly.  In my opinion this is a must read for fans of Batman.  The Skeleton Key story was by far my favorite.  Creepy, personal and something that has always been lurking in the shadows, Snyder brought it all to light and it was amazeballs.

I really just can't say enough how much I love Snyder's work.  I can't.  He wrote a confident, but not arrogant Dick who is both flawed and perfect as Bruce Wayne's Batman ever was.

Read it.  You won't be sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much