Friday, May 16, 2014

batman: life after death


batman: life after death
tony s. daniel
graphics/superheroes
dc comics
published 2009

With Batman pounding the pavement in search of a new crime figure calling himself Black Mask and the completion of the new Arkham Asylum looking close, Gotham City has reached a boiling point!  But when pandemonium breaks out at the inaugural ceremony of the new Arkham Asylum, the combined forces of Oracle, Huntress and Catwoman aren't enough help for Batman and The Caped Crusader takes on an unlikely ally - The Penguin!

I'm just going to say it.  I don't like Dick Grayson as Batman.  I want him to be Nightwing and I want Bruce Wayne to be Batman!  *end whiny kid rant*

I'm not entirely sure then if I didn't care for Life After Death because Grayson was Batman or because I just didn't like it.  Thinking about it now I realize how this volume is basically other people playing parts they never should have played.  Batman & Black Mask, both impostors!

There was a bunch of stuff going on and things were confusing at points and then it would drag for a bit to the point where I was almost bored.  Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much