Here's another new one! Lucky No. 14 sponsored by Books to Share. You choose at least 14 different books from 14 different categories. You can sign up here.
The 14 categories are:
- Visit the Country: Read a book that has the setting in the country that you really want to visit in real life. Make sure the setting has a big role in the book and it can make you know a little bit more about your dream destination.
- Cover Lust: Pick a book from your shelf that you bought because you fell in love with the cover. Is the content as good as the cover?
- Blame in on Bloggers: Read a book because you've read the sparkling reviews from other bloggers. Don't forget to mention the blogger's names too!
- Bargain All the Way: Ever buy a book because it's so cheap you don't really care about the content? Now it's time to open the book and find out whether it's really worth your cents.
- (Not So) Fresh From the Oven: Do you remember you bought/got a new released book last year but never had a chance to read it? Dig it from your pile and bring back the 2013.
- First Letter's Rule: Read a book which title begins with the same letter as your name. Remember: Articles like "a", "an" or "the" doesn't count.
- Once Upon a Time: Choose a book that's been published for the first time before you were born.
- Chunky Brick: Take a deep breath and read a book that has more than 500 pages.
- Favorite Author: You like their books, but there are too many titles. This is your chance, choose a book that's been written by your fave author but you haven't got time to read it before.
- It's Been There Forever: Pick up a book that has been there on your shelf for more than a year, clean up the dust and start to read it now.
- Movies vs Books: You've seen the movie adaptation (or planned to see it soon) but never had time to read the book. It's time to read it now so you can compare the book vs the movie.
- Freebies Time: What's the last free book you've got?
- Not My Cup of Tea: Reach out to a genre that you've never tried (or probably just disliked) before.
- Walking Down the Memory Lane: Ever had a book that you loved so much as a kid? Or a book that you wish you could've read when you were just a child? Grad it now and prepare for a wonderful journey to the past.
Now it's time for the rules.
- You must read at least one book for each category
- You don't have to read the books in any particular order
- You don't have to have a blog, but you do have to write a master post. If you don't have a blog you can use a Goodreads, Shelfari, FB, whatever
- Submit your review for each category in their respective linkies
Visit the Country:Ōoku: The Inner Chamber, Vol. 1 - Fumi Yoshinaga Cover Lust:The Cruelest Month - Louise Penny Blame in on Bloggers:Night Film - Marisha Pessl
- Bargain All the Way:
(Not So) Fresh From the Oven:Reconstructing Amelia - Kimberly McCreight First Letter's Rule:Killer - Sara Shepard Once Upon a Time:The Drifting Classroom, Vol. 1 - Kazuo Uzema (1974) Chunky Brick:The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss (722 pages) Favorite Author:The Darkest Evening of the Year - Dean Koontz It's Been There Forever:Farm Fatale - Wendy Holden Movies vs Books:The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan Freebies Time:Every Secret Thing - Laura Lippman Not My Cup of Tea:The Serpent's Tale - Ariana Franklin
- Walking Down the Memory Lane: