Tuesday, December 10, 2013

cruisin' thru the cozies


From what I gather, a cozy is a mystery book with the focus on the mystery and not so much the main character's love life or outside stuff.  There's a way better explanation at the Cozy Mystery site.  Charlaine Harris's Shakespeare and Aurora Teagarden series are good examples I think.  I think I'm going to use this challenge to tackle some Agatha Christie books I've always wanted to read, but never got around to.

This challenge is hosted by Socrates' Book Reviews and you can sign up here.  The rules are there are well.

There are 4 levels and I'm going to start with Investigator.

  1. Snoop - Read at least 6 books
  2. Investigator - Read 7-12 books
  3. Super Sleuth - Read 13-20 books
  4. Sleuth Extraordinaire - Read 21+
I think I can probably do Super Sleuth, but we'll see.  I really enjoyed the Harris's Shakespeare books, but I don't think I've really read too many other 'cozies'.  Maybe I'll work on finishing Sue Grafton's Alphabet series or just start with a new author altogether.  We'll see!
  1. Still Life - Louise Penny
  2. The Hangman - Louise Penny
  3. A Fatal Grace - Louise Penny
  4. A Catered Murder - Isis Crawford
  5. Every Secret Thing - Laura Lippman
  6. The Cruelest Month - Louise Penny
  7. Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder - Joanne Fluke
  8. A Rule Against Murder - Louise Penny




No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much