Thursday, January 15, 2015

chew: bad apples


chew: bad apples
john layman & rob guillory
graphics/mystery
image comics
published 2013

Tony Chu - the cibopathic federal agent with the ability to get psychic impressions from what he eats - is back in action, just in time to face a cult of egg-worshipping terrorists who've declared holy war on the chicken-eaters of the world.

I looooooooooove Chew.  It really is one of my favorite series.  I love everything about it, there's nothing I don't love or would change (except maybe Toni's demise).  In Bad Apples we start out at Toni's funeral.  Tony is a changed man and no one is going to stand in his way to get to The Vampire and avenge his twin's death.  A cult has declared war against the chicken eaters and someone comes out of hiding to try to get others in their camp.

The art is perfection.  The story is perfection.  Tony's lunch with Olive was so (surprisingly) heartfelt I almost cried!  I have at least another volume to go to catch up to the current issue which I started subscribing to).  I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much