Saturday, May 7, 2011

five years gone by

To my little sunshine puppy.

100_0375

Today you are 5 years old!  Can you believe it?  I can’t.  When I think about how I thought you were growing up so fast I was thinking more along the lines of you getting so tall.  Still in the 90+ percentile for your height I know that you’ll be taller than me by the time you are in 5th grade or so.  But what is really surprising to me is how fast you’re maturing.  Listening you muse about certain topics or explain something you’ve learned to me is both an amazement and a practice in holding laughter.

100_0404

You’re just so grown up.  You state everything quite matter-of-factly.  You have your own little theories about what makes the world go ‘round.  Sometimes when I try to give you some kind of vague answer to one of your ‘how does this work’ questions you come back with a ‘well that wouldn’t work because of the electrons’ or something else like that that I don’t understand.

Copy of 100_0653

It goes without saying that you are one of the best things that has and will ever happen to me.  I’m thankful everyday for you and Daddy and baby on the way.  I love that you still love to cuddle with me and give me kisses.  I love that when I’m the helper mom at school you show me all the new things you’ve done and are so proud to have me there.

100_0451

I love how smart you are and how you think you tell the funniest jokes.  It’s always fun to hear you sing whether it’s a Glee song or a song you’ve learned at school.

100_2132

I hope that you don’t grow up too fast now.  Since you’re five now and starting school I think it’s okay if you slow down on the growing up.  Okay?

DSC_4303

Just remember, no matter how old you get you’ll always be my Sunshine Puppy.  And … I love you the most!!

4 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful, Kari. Happiest of birthdays to you, sweet Emma, and many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Happy birthday, to your beautiful girl! : )

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, she'll always be your baby no matter how big she gets. Happy birthday to your little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! She had a great day! And now it's time to celebrate my mom! Just a weekend of festivities!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much