Thursday, May 19, 2011

let’s talk about blogs

Yes, let’s.

I read a lot of them.  When I discovered RSS feeds and that I could get them on Outlook like emails it was pretty much all over for me.  I spend entirely too much time reading them, but I love them so.  I’d like to tell you about my favorites.

Busy Bee Lauren – Lauren’s blog was the first blog I ever followed and read from just about the beginning when she was just a wee little lass.  She’s super talented, honest, hilarious & a sweetheart to boot.  I think I’ve posted my favorite post of hers before, but just in case I haven’t here it is and you should read it because you’ll laugh.

My Blog Is Boring – I admit, the title of this blog is what got me reading.  Well, that’s not true.  She wrote a guest post for another blogger who happens to be Mormon in which she repeatedly uses the word ‘whore’ and I laughed so hard and promised I would use ‘shut your whore mouth’ somewhere very soon.  I went over to her blog (which, for the record I DO love the title) and read from the first post to the last and knew I needed to be friends with the lovely Natalie.  I can honestly say that I call Natalie my friend, in fact she is my Notie and I would have it no other way.

Illusion – I found Ixy on For the Love of Blogs – a blog that feeds my blog reading addiction.  She also always has a kind word to say or a bit of encouragement when I need it.  She writes funny & honest posts about stuff I can relate to.  I find myself thinking, I wish I wrote that post!  She also shares my love of books.  How can she NOT be awesome.

Minute Man’s Wife – Completely candid about her marriage and the issues that have come up since saying ‘I do’.  Besides that she is hilarious and completely relatable.  She’s not afraid to write about the difficult things in life and she doesn’t sugarcoat them, but she doesn’t fall into some whiny, sad character.  She’s strong and someone I admire immensely.  Now she’s doing an advice column and it’s FABULOUS!

The Meanest Mom – This woman is AMAZING!  All you need to know about why I read her blog is because of this post right here.  I cannot wait until Emma is old enough so I can use Jana’s tactics on her.

This is such a small sampling of the blogs I read, only 5 out of the 50+ I read.  If you read them you’ll notice they all have the same things in common – honesty and laugh out loud moments.  They’re 5 incredibly admirable women all in different places, but they're all women I’m grateful to have found.

3 comments:

  1. I love you, Notie. I'm so lucky to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart Natalie and TMMWife. Just so as you say, honest and laugh out loud moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks Kari!! Love you too :)

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much