Friday, May 13, 2011

score another for the girls

My sister-in-law’s friend works for an ultrasound clinic and when I was pregnant with Emma she brought us in to get a bunch of ultrasound pictures done and to confirm she was in fact, a girl.  We went in yesterday and had the expertise of two ultrasound techs and they claim to be 100% sure this little one is a girl!

Woo-hoo!

Of course, since I’m only 16 weeks they could be wrong, but we’ll get confirmation at the end of the month at our scheduled ultrasound.  What I cared most about was that the baby had a heartbeat and was moving around like a little Tasmanian devil.  They were surprised I couldn’t feel her moving around.  For the record, I still can’t feel her moving around, but I’m happy to know she seems to be doing good in there.

Afterwards we headed over to Ikea so we could get what will hopefully be the last piece of furniture for Emma’s room for quite some time.  Then we came home and I started putting together my latest LEGO masterpiece while watching numerous episodes of Castle.

Can you say, perfect ending to a good day?

And then today, despite having a dentist appointment on Friday the 13th, I was able to eat 2 full meals without feeling sick!! 

Today is also a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! It's so exciting when you find out whether you'll be welcoming a little boy or girl. I don't know how anyone has the patience to wait until the end to find out :)Have you picked names yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ixy! My sister didn't find out the sex of her last baby and it drove ME nuts! She did okay, but really, it's insane. We haven't really thought of names. We didn't pick Emma's until we were on the way to the hospital and Emma wasn't even one of the options we'd come up with beforehand. Emma has decided she wants to name the baby Sarah...we'll see I guess!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much