Monday, February 6, 2012

a fool & his honey


a fool & his honey
charlaine harris
aurora teagarden series #6
fiction/mystery
penguin group international
published 2009

When Martin's wayward niece shows up on his and Roe's doorstep with a baby that no one knew about in tow Roe is irritated with the unexpected house guest, but she's too busy to put anymore thought into it.  Until that is, they come home and find a dead man on the steps leading up to the garage apartment, Regina missing and the baby hidden under the bed.

This book was quite unexpected.  It was eye opening for me a bit.  I never really thought about how self-centered and selfish Roe was until Sally pointed it out to her.  I understood the reasons why she saw the baby as a burden.  I understood how she didn't want to bond.  And I softened my stance.  I still found her to be a little self-centered, but I didn't think she deserved what happened in the end.

The book had a bit of guesswork going on, but I suspected the right villain and didn't understand why neither Roe nor Martin did!  But it was a good read and I'm glad there are two more books in the series so I don't have to end the series like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much