Monday, February 6, 2012

lark

lark
tracey porter
ya/fiction
harper collins
published 2011

When 16 year old Lark is kidnapped and left for dead tied to a tree in the first snowstorm of the year her friends are left behind to make sense of the tragedy.  Eve pretends that she isn't bothered by it and Lark visits 12 year old Nyetta to get the help she needs to release her soul.

This book was very short, but completely worth the read.  Nyetta is heartbreaking, my favorite character in awhile and I was surprised to find myself half in love with her stepmother as well.  Eve surprised me the most in the end and her actions in the last few chapters both broke my heart and raised me up.

A beautiful, beautiful read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much