Tuesday, February 5, 2013

born in fire


born in fire
concannon sisters trilogy #1
nora roberts
fiction/romance
jove
published 1994

The New York Times bestselling trilogy of three modern sisters bound by the timeless beauty of Ireland begins.

Artist Maggie Concannon creates beautiful glass images through a blowpipe and with a fiery furnace, much as she herself was born and survived her mother's angry frustrations and resentment. Then Maggie falls in love with Rogan, her new agent, who brings her passion, fame, and riches.

More than 15 years I ago I read this book for the first time.  It was the first trilogy and only the second book by Nora Roberts that I read and it instilled in me a great love for her writing and an immense desire to visit Ireland.  I can easily say that Nora Roberts is one of my all time favorite authors and I own practically ever single one of her books.  Strangely, I have never re-read any of her books.  Thanks to the Book Bingo challenge I'm tasked with re-reading 15 books so after re-reading Cate Tiernan's Immortal Beloved I decided I wanted to go back and re-read Nora Roberts trilogies starting with the Concannan sisters.

The first time I read this trilogy I actually read the last book first.  This was before the days of Shefari or Goodreads so knowing the order of books wasn't as easy as it is now.  I didn't even know it was part of a trilogy at first!  But I loved it and found the other two and read them as quickly as I could turn the pages.

I still love this book.  The process of glass blowing is still beyond me, but the idea fascinates me.  However, the thing that still delights me is the setting.  Ireland.  How anyone can read this book and not want to immediately hop on a plane to visit is beyond me.  Someday....

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much