Tuesday, February 19, 2013

deadlocked


deadlocked
sookie stackhouse series #12
charlaine harris
supernatural/romance
ace
published 2012

With Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), in town, it’s the worst possible time for a body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard — especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now, it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

Every time I read a Sookie Stackhouse book I'm entertained a bit, but then I start thinking that I should stop reading these books.  They're really not all that great.

But then Harris just knocks me out of the water.  Took my breath away for a few seconds there.  Even after I knew what was happening I still couldn't breathe, afraid that if I did something would go terribly wrong.  In a story I had no control over.  I know, it doesn't make sense, but I wasn't thinking sense at the time!  So good.

Deadlocked was a little depressing.  My favorite people were a little absent.  We were much more involved in the fae & were-world than vamps despite all the stuff that was going on.  However, my favorite bit came from the vampires:  '"We came to wish you a happy day," Eric said.  "And I suppose, as usual, Bill will want to express his undying love that surpasses my love, as he'll tell you - and Pam will want to say something sarcastic and nearly painful, while reminding you that she loves you, too."'

Pam is the only one who is my favorite on both the tv show and in the books.  I really think she needs her own series.  And with events the way they were left here I worry about what will happen in the future.  I have until May to wait it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much