Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 off the shelf challenge


I have several places to put books in my house.  If I lived alone there would just be piles of books around everywhere, but that's not a good idea with kids around.  A lot of the books I own I've read, but a great number of them I just haven't gotten to.  I've been waylaid by visits to the library or the desire to re-read certain books.  Sometimes a new book will come out that I just have to read right then and the books that I've gotten at flea markets, from friends, library sales or shopping sprees at B&N end up sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

So this year I'm going to participate in a new (to me) reading challenge hosted by Bookish Ardour called Off the Shelf.  All you have to do is choose the level you're going to try to reach and read those books off your bookshelf.  You can't include books that you bought in 2012 because that would defeat the purpose.

You can sign up here to join me!

I'm going to start with 'Trying' which is 15 books off the shelf.  I'm going to list my books ahead of time to better hold myself accountable because I really need to start reading these books!  I'm not listing them in any particular order.
  1. Cocktails for Three by Madeleine Wickham
  2. The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
  3. The Serpent's Tale by Ariana Franklin
  4. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
  5. The Other Side of the Story by Marian Keyes
  6. The Affair by Lee Child
  7. Marshmallows for Breakfast by Dorothy Koomson
  8. Waiter Rant by Steve Dublanica
  9. Room by Emma Donoghue
  10. Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin
  11. Divine by Choice by PC Cast
  12. Divine by Blood by PC Cast
  13. Spider Bones by Kathy Reichs
  14. Cutting Edge by Allison Brennan
  15. The Search by Nora Roberts
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much