Friday, January 20, 2012

water baby


water baby
by ross campbell
graphic novel/ya
dc comics
published 2008

Eh. First of all, why doesn't anyone wear clothes in this book? Just wondering.

I'm not sure why I didn't really enjoy this book. I guess I just don't understand where she was coming from. Why drive? Why not just kick him out of the house and tell him to fuck off? I dunno.

There weren't any characters that I liked. Luisa was nice enough and a good friend to Brody, but the story was so obviously not about her that there was little character development there.

Brody was....a front. It seemed like she couldn't be honest to anyone, including herself. She wants to be a lesbian, she wants Jake, she hates Jake, she wants to drive, she wants to walk, she wants to prove something, she doesn't really want to get off her ass...

I just finished the book feeling deflated, like I should have gotten more out of it. But I guess there wasn't really that much to get??


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much