Thursday, January 19, 2012

brody's ghost



brody's ghost, volume one
brody's ghost, volume two
by mark crilley
graphic novel/ya
dark horse comics
published 2010
 
Brody's Ghost is written and drawn by Mark Crilley who did my favorite series I read last year, Miki Falls.  It's a six volume limited series and so far the first two are out.  The third doesn't come out until May so I'm kind of regretting my decision to start reading these already.

The volumes are short (so far), only about 90-100 pages.  Basically, Brody is a slacker/loser whose girlfriend broke up with him 3 months prior.  One day while playing his guitar for change on the street he sees a ghost who tells him she needs his help catching a serial killer so that she can get into heaven.  And so goes the story from there.  The first volume was just a set up of the story, introduced characters and such.  It went by quick and I kind of felt like it was too short.

The second volume was a bit more interesting.  We got to see Brody in action, but the best part was the little cliffhanger at the end!  And now I have to wait until May to find out what's next and then it will still only be halfway through the story!!

*sigh*

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much